"I remember when, you fit in the palm of my hand. Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute. How it amazes me your changing with every blink, faster than a flower blooms. So let them be little, because they are only that way for a while. Give them hope, give them praise, give them love everyday, let them cry let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle. Oh just let them be little."

Monday, March 22, 2010

To Bekah, With Love

Bekah,

You are and always have been my little sister who I absolutely adore. Your smart and funny and beautiful inside and out. Granted you have irritated the crap out of me sometimes, what younger sibling doesn't do that to the older sibling? I want you to know that I am soo proud of you!! You have come such a LONG way and grown up so much, especially in the last few months. I really appreciate you being there for Ethan and helping Mom out when she needs you. I really do love you and wish I could come and see you and Ethan more often. I want you to know that once I have my own place again and I have at least a couch for you to sleep on, you are welcome every weekend if I am not working. I want you to know that you are a huge part of my life, just as much as Ethan. I may joke that if you were my child I would have drowned you a LONG time ago, but the truth is I love you so much that if I ever had to I would step right in and care for you and love you with every fiber of my being. You always have been a bright spot in my life and untill Ethan came along you were the only child I loved. I want you to keep that smile on your face, to laugh, to cry and keep moving forward and pray every time you feel like you can't do it anymore. You are worth anyones times, especially mine.

With Love,

Amanda aka Sissy

No comments:

Post a Comment