"I remember when, you fit in the palm of my hand. Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute. How it amazes me your changing with every blink, faster than a flower blooms. So let them be little, because they are only that way for a while. Give them hope, give them praise, give them love everyday, let them cry let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle. Oh just let them be little."

Friday, March 19, 2010

A toast with Grape Juice to us and you and you and you...well you get the idea

Its been over four months since Ethan and I were displaced from our home of 2 1/2 years and then split apart because of our circumstances. Everyday I miss Ethan more than he will ever know but I know that he is well taken care of and is loved by his Nana, Papa, and Aunt Bekah. Yesterday I got to see him for the first time in a week (when Wednesday is pretty much my only day to go see him its hard to wait that week in between Wednesdays. He got up from his nap as I arrived at my mom's house and once I sat down in the recliner, he came over and cuddled up with me. A song playing on the radio and being able to hold my baby boy made the water works show up. I cried for a good thirty minutes and my mom kept telling me it was ok but it really isn't. I miss him and wish he was in my arms every day and I could kiss him everyday. The pain I feel inside when it is time up on our visits hurts.

December 11th 2009 was the day my world turned upside down. Who knew that one persons actions could change so many peoples lives? I wont go into details to keep my family safe but if it wasn't for this persons actions I would still be living in the town Ethan and I called home since May 2007. I would also have my home, be able to see my best friend and Nephew whenever I wanted to and I would still be able to see my Mom, Sister and other friends without driving 45 mins one way!! Since Christmas Eve I have been living with my Grandparents, who I must say are a LIFE SAVER!! They support me and really care about me!! They opened up their home for their 21 yr old granddaughter and 3 yr old Great Grandson, without even thinking about it and have given us not only a roof over our heads but a shoulder to cry on and a place to be welcomed.

Since January 31st 2010, I have worked for CVS and actively working towards getting my National Certification as Pharmacy Technician. I love my job and deffinately would NOT trade it for the world (ok maybe an apple pie, but not the world. LOL!). I enjoy my coworkers and my Pharmacists who seem to get a good laugh out of my mistakes as a Newbie.

Also I have lost 53lbs!!! YAY!! *Does the White girl dance* and I am feeling great about myself!! Granted I still look at my ass in the mirror and wish it was smaller but from the amount of date offers I've had even with my big butt I think I will keep it! LoL!

As for the toast, well here it is....I toast to myself, Ethan, My grandparents, My Mom and Step Dad, my siblings and all my other friends and family who have helped me find ME again and learn to love again, This is to you *raises a cup of grape juice* for being my friends and family. For loving me and Ethan and giving us the hope and strength we have needed to move on with our lives. So this is to all of you and many wishes and hopes that we will have many more laughs, smiles and tears together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment