"I remember when, you fit in the palm of my hand. Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute. How it amazes me your changing with every blink, faster than a flower blooms. So let them be little, because they are only that way for a while. Give them hope, give them praise, give them love everyday, let them cry let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle. Oh just let them be little."

Saturday, March 20, 2010

To Ethan, With Love

Ethan,

Just a few weeks ago you and I played in the snow and were soaked to the bone by the time we were tired enough to come back into the house. Once we changed, we cuddled up in bed and watched Shrek and fell asleep all warm. I wish we could do that every day. I miss getting to check on you while your sleeping and seeing you lie there so peacefully. When your sleeping you look so angelic. Somedays when I haven't gotten to talk to you I feel myself wanting to drop everything to just come hold you. I want you to know that soon you and I will be living together again and you will never have to worry about a thing. I hope that one day when you can read this and you can understand all this, that you will know that I loved you so much and missed you more than all the stars in the sky. You are my little man, who even when I was pregnant with you and had never seen your face, loved you more than words could express. To me you are a blessing and a true expression of my love. I love you Ethan and Can't wait to see you on Monday!

With Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment